Position: Marketing and Communications Specialist
Location: Atlanta, GA
FLSA Status: Exempt (salary)
Reports to: Director of Communications
Number of people managed: None
Travel required: up to 20%
Schedule: Monday-Friday; willingness to work some evenings and weekends
The Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for providing support and execution of the Board’s grower and industry communications, domestic promotion and reputation management programs and initiatives. In this role, the Marketing and Communications Specialist helps communicate the Board’s mission, programs and initiatives and key messages to strategic audiences. In addition, responsibilities encompass digital media and researching and writing for various audiences and media and may serve as leader on assigned projects on the marketing and communications team.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist reports to the Director of Communications and works in collaboration with team members and with outside marketing and public relations firms. The ability to work collaboratively as a team member is a critical success factor.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- Works directly with team members and is assigned specific projects to execute through to completion to meet assigned objectives.
- Write creative, concise and grammatically correct content.
- Serve as editor and lead writer of PQ Magazine and digital newsletter (News in a Nutshell) and contribute to content development for other publications, collateral and other communications as assigned.
- Develop presentations, digital content (web, blog, and social media), talking points and news releases.
- Works with other team members to plan and implement the logistics of trade shows, conferences and meetings. Participates with the assigned team to set up, maintain and break down exhibits.
- Works with outside vendors and agency to complete projects.
- Leads agricultural trade media outreach initiatives, including earned and paid placements.
- Support Reputation Management initiatives in all facets including statement preparation, preparing media responses and targeted communications pieces.
- Position requires up to 20% travel to events and trade shows, business development meetings and industry meetings and conferences.
- Performs other duties to support NPB’s strategic goals as assigned.
- Builds and grows relationships on behalf of NPB.
- BS/BA or equivalent, preferably in marketing, communications or journalism.
- 3-5 years of marketing communications experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- A self-starter with the talent, motivation and attention to detail to work with a wide range of projects and initiatives.
- Take initiative and meet deadlines with thoughtful, on-target deliverables.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills to support other internal and virtual team members in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a database program and CRM software.
- A thorough understanding and ability to execute in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Access) and database software.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Organized and multi-tasking individual with great attention to detail and follow-through.
To be successful, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Team Player – Demonstrates an ability to work collaboratively with other employees to achieve National Peanut Board goals while supporting the mission, vision and values of the National Peanut Board.
- Learns Continuously – Exhibits openness to learning and a willingness to transfer knowledge to others to achieve quality results. Continually seeks to improve knowledge, skills and abilities to improve personal performance. Demonstrates ability and willingness to adapt to change. Possesses ability to grow the position, accepting additional responsibilities.
- Communicates Well – Uses effective communication and listening skills. Writes and verbally communicates clearly and concisely. Practices respectful two-way open, direct, candid and 360 communication. Is open to feedback from peers and management.
- Acts with Integrity – Consistently displays a high standard of ethical and moral conduct in keeping with National Peanut Board values. Takes actions which support ethical values and beliefs, following through with commitments, treats all employees with equal respect, works to minimize conflict, takes responsibility for own actions, and shares information openly while respecting confidentiality.
- Detail Oriented – Consistently maintains attention to detail and is expeditious in following through on tasks and assignments.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demand: The work is mostly sedentary, operating a computer keyboard and phone, with periods of light physical activity, and is performed mostly in office surroundings. At times there may be need for packing materials and lifting up to 25 pounds as well as bending and reaching. There is up to 20% travel to attend and participate at trade shows, industry events and other occasional offsite activity involved that, at times, requires standing for long periods; lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds; bending and reaching. In addition, the work requires the ability to speak and to use normal or aided vision and hearing. Subject to work beyond the normal scheduled hours of work; to attend evening and weekend events and some weekend travel to/from events.
- Work environment: The noise level in the office work environment is usually low; however, offsite activities such as trade shows will be higher.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.